Best Vitamin C Serum For Your Face – Reviews
(Updated February 22, 2017)
What is the best vitamin c serum to make your face look younger?
We reviewed several of the highest rated serums for potency and effectiveness and we narrowed it down to the top 5. These 5 Vitamin C moisturizers promote healthy skin and prevent those hard to deal with wrinkles and blemishes.
It's not easy to find the right daily regimen to fit your skin type. That's why, along with our personal input, we've based our vitamin c serum reviews off of the personal experiences from over 1000 customers who are currently using these products. By taking a look at what others have to say, we're able to provide a more accurate depiction of what your experiences may turn out to be.
Vitamin C Serum Reviews and Comparisons
Serumtologie C Serum 22
Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum
Foxbrim Vitamin C Serum
Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E Serum
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
Serumtologie C Serum 22 Review - Best Vitamin C Serum for Face
The Serumtologie C Serum 22 is a vegan product made from 100% organic ingredients. It contains no GMO or other harsh chemicals and it works well on all skin types.
With over 2000 positive vitamin c serum reviews from customers on Amazon, this product earns it’s spot as our top rated pure organic vitamin c for skin.
Out of the 5 brands that we reviewed, Serumtologie has the highest Vitamin C percentage. It’s main form is Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is more stable than other forms of Vitamin C. This equates to a more sensitive formula that is less irritating than the L-ascorbic acid found in other top brands.
Many of those that use Serumtologie have called it the best vitamin c serum for your face because they noticed brighter and softer skin within days of application. For even better results you may want to also add a bb cream.
Serumtologie is more potent than most of it’s competitors. The formula contains 22% Vitamin C along with 5% Hyaluronic Acid, 1% Vitamin E, and 1% Ferulic Acid. The ingredients speed up the building of collagen and it hydrates the layers of the skin to help you achieve a smoother and younger appearance.
When using this product, pat 5-7 drops around your face before applying makeup or sunscreen. Use Serumtologie every morning for best results.
- Completely Organic Ingredients.
- Best vit c serum
- Visible effects may occur within days.
- Higher Vitamin C concentration.
- None noted at the moment.
Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum Review - Best Organic Vitamin C Serum
Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum was noted as one of Allure Magazines Best in Beauty products and it ranks in at #2 for the best organic vitamin c serum for your face.
Like Serumtologie, this brand is good for all skin types and it contains no GMO products. It combines Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to create a potent anti-aging formula that can be applied to the skin without leaving any oily residue.
There are over 7800 vitamin c serum reviews for this product on amazon and it has an average rating of 4 stars.
The product is made in the US. Many users who have tried other brands say that they switched to Oz Naturals or Serumtologie due to it being soft on the skin and less irritable.
Oz naturals contains a potent Vitamin C formula along with Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract and Hyaluronic Acid. The combination is meant to moisturize the skin, fight off pollutants, and clear up signs of aging.
- Top vitamin c serum / 2nd Best organic vitamin c serum
- Keeps the skin hydrated.
- Inexpensive when compared to other similar products.
- Some say the formula may be too runny (like water)
Foxbrim Vitamin C Serum Review - Top Vit C Serum
Like Oz Naturals, this serum combines the powerful antioxidant properties of Vitamin C with the skin “plumping” you get from Hyaluronic Acid. The overall combination keeps your skin youthful and glowing. It is another great organic vitamin c serum and it ranks at #3 for our best vitamin c serum for your face.
The product gives you vitamin c serum skin benefits, Pure Vegan Hyaluronic Acid, Methylsulfonylmethane, and an Amino Complex. The Hyaluronic acid is intended to moisturize and plump the skin, while the Vitamin C and MSM complex clears and prevents wrinkles by increasing collagen production.
- Affordable price when compared to other similar products.
- Effective and reliable formula.
- Organic vitamin c serum that relates well with sensitive skin.
- Some people also found the consistency of this product to be on the watery side.
Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E Serum Review
The ingredients of the Cosmetic skin solutions vitamin c+e serum are almost identical to the more expensive Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. Its consistency is a bit on the watery side, but it applies easily. After several days of application most people noticed smoother skin, an even tone, and lighter wrinkles. It ranks as our #4 best vitamin c serum for face.
With a pH of 3, this serum seems to benefit those with normal to oily skin. With over 300 vitamin c serum reviews on Amazon, Cosmetic skin solutions received 4 out of 5 stars.
This serum increases its potency by adding Ferulic Acid to its Vitamin C and E complex. The synergy between the three enhances the antioxidant effect and allows for greater protection against harmful free radicals.
- Well priced.
- Effective formula
- Contains L-ascorbic acid.
- Quality vitamin c oil for face
- Some people did not like the smell of this product.
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Review
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is a bit more pricey than the other options, but many customers are still willing to fork out the extra cash due to high recommendations by many dermatologists. Many people have noticed positive effects within days after applying Skinceuticals vitamin c oil.
According to over 250 vitamin c serum reviews on Amazon, a majority of users experienced the brightening of the skin, improved toning, firmness, and the lightening of wrinkles.
2-4 drops of the serum is enough to cover the entire face. It rubs smoothly onto the skin and doesn’t leave any oily residue. It works great for dry, normal, and sensitive skin.
CE Ferulic combines L ascorbic acid with vitamin E and Ferulic Acid to increase the performance of the antioxidant. These ingredients synergize and increase the overall potency and effectiveness.
- Highly effective ingredients.
- Leaves you feeling fresh.
- Dermatologist recommended.
- High priced item.
If you're looking for something to keep a healthy body appearance, check out the best body wash for acne.
What are the Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C Serum Skin Benefits for Your Face?
You wake up one day and you start to notice a spot forming around your cheek. It’s not highly visible right now, but as each day goes by, you swear it’s getting darker and bigger! Now you’re conscious of it everywhere you go and you begin to worry if it will still get darker and if more of these spots will show up...
This is where Vitamin C oil comes in. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. It provides protection from damaging free radicals that can occur from the sun and other pollutants that are linked to premature aging. By adding a well-formulated vitamin c lotion or moisturizer to your daily skincare lineup, you can:
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes - One side effect of getting older is developing blemishes on your skin. Dark spots and blemishes may begin to show, and it’s natural to feel like there is nothing that you can do. However, using vitamin c face cream may provide the hydration and moisture retention that you need to limit and even remove the visibility of some of these spots.
- Minimize Wrinkles and other signs of aging - Yes, getting older is a natural process of life, but that doesn’t mean you have to look your age. Good serums may boost healthy collagen production. This can provide you with firmer skin to fight those aging cues such as the wrinkles around your eyes and sagging skin.
- Reduces inflammation and other skin irritations - Inflammation and skin irritation can be very damaging to the skin and it’s appearance especially if it occurs regularly. By relieving these symptoms, you can prevent wrinkles and other aging signs.
Best Topical Vitamin C Ingredients:
- L-ascorbic acid - When examining the benefits to the skin, L ascorbic acid is the most researched form of vitamin c for skin. It has been scientifically shown to create younger, and firmer skin while diminishing the signs of sun damage and other blemishes.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate - A much more stable form of vitamin c for skin that is softer on the skin when compared to L-ascorbic acid. If you have tried other brands that irritated your skin, then you may want to look into solutions with sodium ascorbyl phosphate such as Serumtologie C Serum 22.
- Alpha tocopherol - This form of Vitamin E is a well documented antioxidant that combats free radicals and helps build and replenish your skin.
- Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract - A form of Vitamin E that is said to be many times more potent than other forms. It is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ferulic acid - When in combination with Vitamins C and E, ferulic acid enhances the antioxidant benefits and assists in neutralizing free radicals.
- Hyaluronic Acid - This naturally occurring acid is able to hold 1000 times its weight in water, making it a great component for moisturizing the skin. It combines well with Vitamin C and allows the serum to travel deeper into the layers of the epidermis.
Overall Best Vitamin C Serum for Face
Serumtologie C Serum 22 wins our award as the best vitamin c serum for a younger looking face. It has a ton of benefits and it maintains a solution of pure organic vitamin c for your skin.